Little Iron Man Amigurumi

Monday, February 23, 2015


Little Iron Man Amigurumi
I promised Matt that I will make an Iron Man crochet item since it was one of his favorites. I was thinking of making a hat but Mommy asked me to make a little amigurumi so it will be hung on his bag. Mommy had already made an Iron Man mask for him. 

Some might be asking what is an amigurumi?

"Amigurumi (crocheted or knitted stuffed toy) is the Japanese art of knitting or crocheting small stuffed animals and anthropomorphic creatures. The word is derived from a combination of the Japanese words ami, meaning crocheted or knitted, andnuigurumi, meaning stuffed doll. Amigurumi are typically animals, but can include artistic renderings or inanimate objects endowed with anthropomorphic features, as is typical in Japanese culture." (Wikipedia)

I searched the net for a free pattern. Luckily, I found one at LittleYarn Friends but I made some variation though. Instead of using felt cloth for the face and eyes, I made it crochet too.

After finishing the made-to-order felt cloth letters, I started doing the amigurumi. He was so excited watching me crocheting and keep on saying: “Daddy, bilisan pong tapusin yung Iron Man ko.”

Last Saturday night, I finished it but he wasn’t able to saw it. He went to bed early that night for he was sick. When he woke-up the following day, parang nawala ang sakit nya and immediately grabs it.

I asked him if we will place it on his bag but he refused. Hahawakan na lang daw nya. Where ever he goes, he always had it on his hands. 

Matthew and the Little Iron Man

He even draws it.

Matthew drawing Little Iron Man

Now, I am working on making another of his favorites - Spiderman but he asked another one, Doraemon naman daw pagkatapos!

Who are your kids’ favorite superheroes?

No comments:

Post a Comment